All things Renee
Updated: Sep 15, 2020
10 things you don’t know about me…
1. I am a certified teacher and spend a lot of my time doing environmental education. Sometimes that means I am going on a snowshoe hike with students, going on a night hike with Girl Guides or taking new Canadians on a tour of a Conservation Area. I like that I get to do something different everyday.
2. I have an obsessive love of cookbooks. I don’t cook a ton right now, but I love to look at the photos and dream of hosting elaborate dinner parties…once my kids sleep this might become a reality.
3. I used to competitively ski race in my younger years and when my knees weren’t so squeaky. I made some pretty awesome friends and we got to travel a lot around the world!
4. I have an older sister, who I think is a certified GENIUS. She would be more modest, but she’s pretty awesome and just received an award as one of the top 12 chemists to watch in the WORLD. I’m convinced she will win a Nobel Prize.
5. In University, I was unsure what I wanted to do after school, so I took a variety of courses which included Greek Mythology and Snow and Ice Environments. Needless to say, I went the snow and ice route and will never forget the BEST Professori, Dr.Mattson, who still teaches and spends an a lot amount of time in the Arctic studying glacial environments.
6. Josh and I met on Eharmony (side note: is eharmony still a thing?) We both knew from our first date onwards that this was something special! Almost 10 years later and 2 kids, I still think its something special!
7. I love the Harry Potter series and have gone to the elaborate book releases at 12 am- just to get the books!
8. If I wasn’t in my profession now, I think that I would have studied Egyptology in University and worked at the Museum.
9. I did volunteer for a bit at the Royal Ontario Museum in their Hands-on Biodiversity department. I loved it!
10. I also volunteer for Camp Oochigeas- which is a magical place of friendship and fun where kids with cancer can just be kids! Its awesome and if you can donate time or money the power of camp is truly remarkable to see…visit campooch.org
Well that's it for now.
Enjoy the posts!